Signed in as:
Signed in as:
Pruune Consulting Ltd was opened in August 2017 by Founder and CEO Bassey Duke. Pruune Consulting specialises in procurement, supply chain and logistics offering training, business process outsourcing and project management. Pruune works with SMEs and multinationals helping them unlock profitability by reducing their operating costs, this is achieved by reducing purchasing price and removing process waste by applying lean principles. Pruune is a team of dedicated procurement practitioners who are passionate about exceeding our customers's expectations.
In 2019, Pruune added leadership training based on the John Maxwell content to its portfolio of service offering. Pruune believes leadership is the foundation of every successful business and wants to train new managers, experienced managers and C-level within organizations to increase performance and engagement.
Bassey has a diverse background in procurement consulting, logistics operations and supply chain consulting. He has also lived in three continents and lived in five different countries (IE, UK, US, DE, NG). Prior to setting up Pruune in 2017, Bassey has experience at senior positions in global multinationals including
- Amcor Flexibles, where he led the EMEA Logistics function covering 70 factories. In this role, he managed a direct team based in EMEA and a 4PL team based in Bulgaria. In this role Bassey managed an EMEA annual Logistics spend of 100m EUR.
- Eaton, where he led the EMEA Logistics function (operations, sourcing & strategy) covering 120 factories in the region. In this role, he managed a direct team and a functional team based in EMEA. In this role Bassey managed an EMEA annual Logistics spend of 150m USD. Additional responsibilities Bassey had at Eaton included - leading Eaton's global air and ocean freight (150m USD spend), Eaton EMEA electrical division business unit focus manager, Eaton/Cooper EMEA Logistics synergy project. While at Eaton, Bassey was identified as a future leader and personally invited to attend the Eaton Future Leadership Zone.
- IMI Plc, where he led the Global Logistics function (operations, sourcing & strategy) covering 70+ factories Globally. In this role, he managed a direct team based in the UK and a functional Global team. In this role Bassey managed a global annual Logistics spend of 100m GBP.
- Norgren, where he led the EMEA Supply Chain for Norgren's main DC based in Germany. In this role Bassey was responsible for managing the inventory at the DC (including Norgren Express).
- Cornelius, where he led Yum drive through crew serve drink dispense restaurant refresh. This led to a redesign of the dispenser unit and Bassey being one of the named inventors on the patent (proportioned dispense unit).
Bassey holds an executive MBA from TUD (Ireland) and an undergraduate degree (BEng, MEng) in Mechanical Engineering from Loughborough University (UK). Hi also has a diploma in industrial services from Loughborough university and a diploma in management from Leicester university.
Bassey is currently a John Maxwell certified Leadership speaker, coach and DISC consultant. He i also a member of the John Maxwell team, which is the largest leadership development program in the world. John Maxwell has been voted numerous times as the #1 Leadership Guru in the world.
Bassey actively volunteers in various organizations.
1. Past Social Media Officer of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) Republic of Ireland branch.
2. Past Committee member of the Eastern Chapter, MBA Association of Ireland (Eastern Chapter).
3. Current Vice Chairman of the Eastern Section and National council member, Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) Ireland.
4. Past Co-Lead of the Media and Communications Department at St Mark's Church, Dublin.
In 2019, Pruune received Business All-Star Accreditation and became a member of The Register of Irish Business Excellence (TRIBE). This accreditation, granted by The All-Ireland Business Foundation, is awarded to top businesses in Dublin that meet quality standards of performance, trust and customer centricity. A Business All-Star accreditation recognizes businesses that have demonstrated a commitment to providing consumers with efficient, reliable services by adhering to these 3 pillars.
Bassey Duke, a certified John Maxwell team member means Pruune offers leadership training. The leadership training includes leadership speaking (including Keynote speeches) , coaching, mastermind and leadership game.
Some of the leadership content taught by Pruune includes - how to increase your influence, communicating to connect, laws of growth, developing the leader within you, developing leaders around you, DISC behavior, etc. The training can be delivered face to face at our premises, online and or at our customer's premises.
The John Maxwell Team program boasts a 5-star Trustpilot rating, and our 24,000 John Maxwell Team members are trusted by global brands including: Capital One, Walmart, Coca Cola, IBM, Xerox, etc.
In January 2020, Bassey spoke at the National Manufacturing and Supply Chain conference at City West, Dublin on the topic of "Brexit". He shared a short, medium and long term plan for companies to focus on to be successful in mitigating the impacts of Brexit.
The Manufacturing and Supply Chain conference is attended by over 6,000 delegated.
In May 2018, Bassey spoke at the MBA association of Ireland event on the topic of "Brexit". His talk was focused around the potential Logistics challenges with Brexit for Irish importers/exporters and what steps companies can take to mitigate these challenges.
The MBA association of Ireland represents over 6,000 MBA graduates who reside in Ireland.
In March 2018, Bassey gave a talk at the National Engineering Summit at City West, Dublin on the topic of How can I award the right vendor from my sourcing event. This talk was focused on how to structure the vendor selection process to achieve the intended result of selecting the best fit supplier.
The National summit is an event held yearly and attended by over 4,000 delegates.
In March 2013, Bassey shared a presentation at the Supply Chain Forum on the topic of taking care of the pennies – mastering effective cost reduction. The presentation was centered around the savings initiatives implemented at IMI as an example of best practice sharing with his peers in industry.
Richmond events hold two Supply Chain events every year and the attendees are directors within the supply chain function at FTSE 100 companies.
In February 2013, Bassey addressed the participants at the annual Supply Chain and Logistics event on the topic of cost savings levers in procurement. This address shared the approach, results and learning from key procurement projects lead by Bassey.
This event was attended by directors in supply chain and logistics from FTSE 100 companies.
In November 2011, Bassey was invited to speak and be part of a panel discussion at the 1-2-1 Supply Chain Excellence Summit held in Birmingham on the topic of how to optimize the supply chain in a changing business landscape. The presentation was centered around sharing the learning and achievements in Bassey's Supply Chain role at IMI Plc.
This event was attended by senior supply chain directors from FTSE 100 companies.
Poster, banner, flyers, business cards, etc.
Transportation covering - small parcel, same day delivery, road freight, air freight, ocean freight, short see, temperature controlled transport, roll on roll off (RORO), multimodal (rail), time critical shipments, GPS tracked shipments, etc.
Internal warehousing, external warehousing, bonded warehouse, vendor managed inventory, etc.
Office consumables – stationary, printer inks, business card, etc.
Purchased or leased printers - all in one, laser, inkjet, bubble-jet, etc.
Custom broker, custom entries, HTS commodity codes, etc.
Corrugate, poly bags, crunched paper, pallets (wooden & plastic), etc.
Equipment, consumables, safety equipment, back office items, repair and service tool, etc.
Laptop, desktop, all-in-one, computer accessories, etc.
GPS, location based service (2G, 3G, 4G, 5G), WiFi
Sourcing direct and indirect material from Asia (i.e. China).
Sourcing direct and indirect material from Asia (i.e. China).
E-auction for direct material, indirect material and indirect services.
Using request for proposal and request for quotation covering direct material, indirect material and indirect services.
Using market bench-marking, request for information and negotiation covering direct material, indirect material and indirect services.